Welcome to Week 9!
I hope you implemented some of the strategies layed out in Week 8 on How to Become Known as the Go-to-Person (or the “Expert” in Your Niche). Post below a link to whatever you applied from last week’s “expert strategies” and I’ll send you some cool marketing eBook or some royalty free music to use for your videos or products… I’m sure I’ll find some cool Bonus for you – just share with us what you took action on. You can also share with us if you took action on any of this week’s strategies. Here we go:
Coaching Success Strategies: 10 Sure-Fire Ways to Build Your Expert Status – Part 2
Last week we explored the 1st Five Strategies that will help you become known as the go-to-guy in your niche. Here are Five more Credibility and Trust-Builder Strategies that you should strongly consider making part of your Marketing Calendar / Marketing Plan:
6. Consistently try to get the media to write or talk about you – there are some great books out there that can help you with that, such as “How to Get on Radio Talk Shows All Across America Without Leaving Your Homre or Office,” by Joe Sabath; “Guerrilla Publicity,” by Jay Conrad Levinson and Jill Lublin; or “On the Air,” by Al Parinello… And the easiest way to get some visibility is to get on www.BlogTalkRadio.com shows (I recently was interviewed by Best People We Know – a show with 12,000+ audience members and ended up with a few book sales and dozens of opt-ins to some of my free offers, which ultimately can convert into coaching client). Simply type in the BlogTalkRadio search engine the keyword that you want to speak on, and you’ll find hundreds of shows that are looking for guests in your area of interest/niche.
7. Consistently upload videos to www.YouTube.com and www.Vidler.com and any other of your favorite video sites you might have. Always place your site’s (or landing page) url as the first thing in your video description – e.g. http://www.yourSuccessChecklists.com + video desctiption.
8. Write a boook! And to help you with that, start by writing your blog posts with the end in mind… Then later, transform your blog posts – and your articles – into a book. The BOOK is the piece of the puzzle that proppels most speakers and coaches’ careers (as soon as my first book (2009) – Communication Skills Magic – was out, I started getting countlessly more speaking gigs and more coaching clients, at fees that I was rarely able to commend in the past).
You can also get interviewed on your niche topic, then have someone transcibe your interview (I know someone who transcribes 1-hour of spoken material for $30.00); then with a little editing transform that transcript into your book (contact me for publishing options before you invest thousands of dollars with some fancy publishing company).
Make sure you structure the interview as you’d lay out your book — create a table of contents for your book and base your interview questions on that (you’ll submit the questions to your interviewer)
9. Allign yourself with other authorities and experts in your field. Interview them (set up a radio show on www.BlogTalkRadio.com and have a weekly or bi-weekly show), co-present workshops/teleclasses/webinars, co-create products, co-author books and articles… get creative and get hooked – that is, hook up with other great minds in your niche…
By alligning yourself with authorities in your field (ideally well-known “experts” who complement your service, NOT directly compete with you), you gain something called “borrowed expertise”; meaning, that the more you are seen with experts, the more you’ll be perceived as one.
9. Use social media to increase your visibility
Use www.Twitter.com, www.Facebook.com, www.LinkedIn.com, www.eHow.com, etc. to increase your visibility and attract followers. Use LinkedIn to grow a large network of professional connections; connect primarily with your ideal clients and get to know them… contact each and ask them to tell you about their business, and let them know you’ll refer some business to them if you bump into someone needing that type of service (or product) …. also, let them know what you do and ask them to refer you some business if they know anyone who might need your services (and as you let them know about your services, hopefully the light-bulb turns on in their head and they’ll realize that it is them who need to hire you).
10. Put on webinars/teleclasses and invite your ideal client to attend
Webinars (or teleclasses) are one of the most effective way to get your ideal client to get to know, like and trust you. Provide lots of valuable information in your sessions – information that they can use immediately, but DO provide also a cool “formula” that would definitely solve their problem or bring their desire to fruition… Share the WHAT TO DO to accomplish their “wants,” but have them sign up for your group coaching, or hire you as a coach to get the HOW TO DO IT part of the information. Or… describe the coaching process that you use in your sessions and share some success stories… Remember, webinars get you face to face with your ideal client and it’s been proven to be one of the most highly converting ways to getting new clients; so do include it in your marketing arsenal…
Here are some affordable webinar platforms:
www.StartMeeting.com (almost free – I found it to have some voice quality issues ocasionally)
http://ezwebmeet.com/ ($19.97 PER YEAR — I found that it had ocasional static on the line, BUT it’s an excellent platform to record training videos… It’s a great webinar platform too, but it’s not the easiest to set up)
http://InstantTeleseminar.com/ ($1.00 free trial / $47.00/month for 100 online participants and 20 phone participants — GREAT SERVICE PROVIDER – I used it for at least 5 years in the past… does not have screen-sharing, that’s why I switched to GoToWebinar)
www.GoToWebinar.com ($97/month – excellent platform… a “bit” pricey)
If you follow the above tips, it will be only a matter of time before you’ll be viewed as an expert in your field. You want to get to the point where the prospect enters your name in the search engine and they get pages and pages of your articles, videos, program descriptions, etc. letting them know that when they hire you to coach them or to speak at their next event you will deliver value.
As Lao Tsu said “The thousand steps journey starts with a single step…” Start your journey towards becoming an expert in your field today. Write a short article or make a short video… and commit to following all of the above points. And once you accomplish that, send me a thank you note :-}
Meanwile please post your comments or questions below – all questions will be answered…!